Friday, February 8, 2008

Life

Life has been interesting lately. So I thought I'd start a blog. Maybe it's because I want to share my point of view with the world or maybe it's just because I can. Either way, I'm here! I'm just your typical teenage girl that goes to school, plays volleyball, plays piano and is active in the performance choir. I have friends that are dramatic, annoying, and weird all at the same time...but I love them all. Lately I've learned that life throws hurdles at you in many different ways. Whether it's through dramatic friends or simply volleyball. My biggest hurdle recently is recovering from Mono. It's not easy and it's definitely not fun. I've been sick since December 19. On Christmas Eve I couldn't be with my family at my Grandparents house because I had a 103 degree fever. Two weeks later I'm at the doctor's office with this nurse shoving a cue tip down my throat to check for strep. Of course it came back negative. The next week the doctor said I had mono. I wasn't able to play volleyball for over a month and I was stuck at home for most of that month. I couldn't go shopping or hold my nephews or play with my beautiful neice. I even got beat by my sister-n-law, Jill at ping pong. I am still recovering. It's a long, slow process. And yes, it is the kissing disease. But I can promise you I've never been kissed... :)

6 comments:

Jeanea said...

YEAH!! You have a blog...woohoo, woohoo

You are so totally on my favorite list now :-)

crystalkupper said...

I'm sorry your recovery is taking so long...no fun. Maybe blogging will be therapeutic! :-)

February Jill said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Jaimie!

Glory Laine said...

Blogland welcomes you and your wise ideas. Can't wait to read more!

James said...

Thank you Everybody!

srid20 said...

hey Jaimie.
I didn't know you were in the blog world. I was just reading Jill's blog and saw that you left a comment so I'm here letting you know that I will be checking in on you from my part of the world (happens to ve Las Vegas right now; i'm ready to go home and see my kiddos though...)
happy blogging!