Friday, June 27, 2008

And then it was summer...




So this summer has basically been...ya, I don't even know. I've been trying to keep myself busy. I supposedly got a job at the gas station a little over a month ago and I'm not even on the schedule yet...which then led me to drive around Creswell and Cottage Grove yesterday to pick up applications at coffee shops. I think I would do much better at making coffee for happy people than pumping gas for angry people. People who usually get gas are more likely to be angry than people who buy a drink at a coffee shop. These people have a choice whether or not they want to get coffee and they can chose whatever they want and it's usually a fun thing to get good coffee at a coffee shop. People who get gas are normally angry, and I think it's pretty obvious why. They don't want to pay over $4 a gallon for gas. And, it's something they need to get, so they don't have a choice. Unless they just start walking or riding bicycles. But then that would make them more angry because they're excercising against their will. Or maybe during this whole process of walking or riding a bike, endorphins will be unleashed and then they will become happy again and go back to driving their cars. It's a pretty vicious cycle. :) In the words of Elle Woods... "Excercise lets off endorphins...endorphins make you happy...Happy people don't shoot their husbands! They just don't!!" She is a very wise woman. I look up to her. :)


Anyhoo, I have to rill out a resume or make one or whatever and I don't know how. And in order to work at....4 different coffee shops I need to turn in a resume. So, I'm kinda in a spot right now.


I'm also sad...because last night was our last night of summer league volleyball. It was fun while it lasted, though. We beat Willamette in 3 games and murdered North Eugene in 2. It was great fun. And the best part was I actually got to play my normal position last night. Tuesday night I had to play right side for a whole game and I hadn't played it in so long that I sucked. It was then I realized that playing middle is my true calling. I hate just standing off on the right side and watching the outside and the other middle block a ball when I could be that middle and block that ball. Blocking just gives me warm fuzzies inside.
I've also been playing some tennis with Crystal and other random people. That's fun...even though I have no idea what I'm doing and I probably look like a complete idiot out there, but I still enjoy it. I found this picture and decided that it's scary. I would never play on that tennis court even if I was paid...less than $1,000. Apparently it's the worlds highest tennis court.

3 comments:

Candi said...

Wow, you're smart to say you'd never play on that tennis court. I think you'd have to be crazy!
Hope your summer and your job (wherever it may be) turns out swimmingly.

crystalkupper said...

So what happens when they hit a ball out?

Jonathan said...

Hi!! Good to hear you're no more productive than I am. I'll see you soon!