Saturday, June 14, 2008

An Ode to Dad


First off, Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there. Well, it will be father's day in precisely 9 minutes...but whatever. Second, I don't even know what an "Ode" is, or how to even spell it...so I hope that's correct. And third, I love you Dad! Here's a list of 10 really cool things about you...
1.) You adopted me. That's probly one of the best decisions you have ever made. :)
2.) You look great in this picture...
3.) You are super generous and never like to take advantage of people. i.e. when you turned down Aaron's offer to just take the private jet down to Disneyland.... :).........:(
4.) You love coming to watch my volleyball games and try to give me tips when I already know what I'm doing wrong and when my coach has already told me 3 times that night. And you took me to all 4 of my Washington Webfoot tournaments...I don't know how you did it. You're a real man among men, I guess. :)
5.) You take me to Duck volleyball games because you know I love the sport, and afterwards you would take me to go get a frosty from Wendys.
6.) You always make sure I'm never bored by putting me to work. It makes my day go by faster. :)
7.) You don't care if I can't play tennis worth the life of me, you still don't mind playing me...even though we haven't really gotten around to that yet this summer. (hint, hint)
8.) When I was first learning to drive, you were so patient in the passenger seat. I loved it. Mom was always on the edge of her seat...thanks dad.
9.) You want me to be the best I can be, no matter what. Even if it's just washing a car, you say to do the best job on it. Don't just wash it once...wash it twice.
10.) And last but not least...you are my ping pong buddy. Playing ping pong is my favorite thing in the world to do with you. Not just because of that one time when I MASSACRED you by beating you 21-8 (remember, the day before you left for Hawaii...), but also because it's our little thing. You even stop watching the sports channel to come play with me. Thanks Dad!
Happy Father's Day Dad! You deserve the best!

6 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Jaimie, wow that was really cool. Parents need to hear that they are doing a good job. You are a wonderful teenager for knowing that.

crystalkupper said...

Oh, how sweet! And surprisingly funny, too. I guess Dad hasn't changed that much since I was a teenager (he'd always tell me to wash the car twice, too!). :-)

February Jill said...

This is so sweet. I'm glad you guys are ping pong buddies.

By the way, remember that time I beat you? And remember that other time I beat you? Wasn't that fun?

James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stefanie said...

Jaimie,

That was a really cool post - just read it tonight - sorry!

I bet your Dad really liked it:)

I will not be playing ping pong against you...

dale said...

James,

I forgot to thank you for the very nice words.

Dad