Monday, June 30, 2008

A Day at the Beach...

Yesterday, our pastor took the high school sunday school class to the beach. It was kind of a good turn out, after all. There were 5 boys and little 'ol me, so I called up my friend Karisa and she happily came to my rescue. We had a blast. We went to Honeymen Lake and even though the temperature was below 65 degrees...Karisa and I went swimming anyways. There was a dock out in the middle of the lake..well, kind of in the middle, and we swam out to it and jumped off the dock several times. Then the boys thought they'd come and jump off the dock too...or rather push us off. Either way it was great. The water was warmer than the temperature was outside so we stayed in the water as long as we could...which lasted about 45 minutes. :)




Here we are jumping in and there we are under the water...











There was a lot of bird poop on this dock. It was honestly everywhere, so we had to be super careful not to step in it. It was disgusting.























This is after we got out of the water. We went to go watch the boys and pastor Brent and his kids play some football.
At the beach.... We were scouting out a good place to hide our shoes and cameras. It wasn't very successful, because we just ended up spending 15 minutes looking for our stuff when it was time to go. Maybe next time I'll just put a stick in the ground with a white shirt tied on to it. Yes, that will be much easier.
Our feet were pretty gross, and I made the mistake of wearing my hemp anklet. There is now sand stuck in every part of the anklet. My bad....

The boys. Jared (right), Chevy, and Andy (Left). Andy is practically glowing in this picture, he's so white. It was a terrible trip home for him because he decided to go a little farther than all the rest of the boys in the ocean and a huge wave just came and ate him. So, then he decided to pretty much swim for the next hour. Poor guy.

Anyways, the day was pretty much awesome. On the way home, the sun was so bright and beautiful I wanted to take a picture of it, but I was in a moving vehicle and apparently it's pretty difficult to take pictures whilst you are moving. So I was dissapointed. OH! And we also saw a baby skunk on the way home. It was so tiny. It would have fit in the palm of my hand. It was adorable. But I didn't get close enough for it to spray me... :)

4 comments:

Jeanea said...

Fun Fun Fun now that Daddy took the t-bird away...dadadadaaaaa

LOL

I love all the pics...looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait till Sat...

James said...

I'm pretty excited too!!!...However, we may or may not be having Shane's b-day party on Saturday..... .. .. ...... ...:(
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jeanea said...

well, if so, birthday parties are way fun too!

February Jill said...

Looks like fun! I think you made a good call by not bringing home the adorable baby skunk though!